IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: As this is a sky festival, weather conditions on the day may mean some elements of our exciting Forgotten Voyages show are adapted for safety reasons. Due to current predicted wind speeds on Saturday night, there is a possibility our pilots will be unable to inflate their hot air balloons.
The great news is that we will still be able to go ahead with a version of the show featuring our high impact "naked" balloons - with fiery flares emanating from baskets. We’ll know more closer to the time but we’ll keep you posted. We'll see you in Cleethorpes for a great weekend! Also, follow us on Twitter and Instagram @FOTSCleethorpes for latest updates.
In celebration of the Montgolfier brothers, pioneers of manned balloon flight, we bring to you a magical spectacle of music, lanterns, aerial performance and pyrotechnics – and of course those iconic hot air balloons in this night time show for all the family.
As balloons light up the Meridian Showground, you'll be mesmerised by the incredible story of the first ever piloted ascent, and the world premiere of this outdoor spectacular - brought to you in partnership by the teams at Walk The Plank and Richmond Events.
Supported by Arts Council England.
Please note the content of the show is subject to weather conditions.
When: Saturday 7th September 19:45 - 20:15
Where: Meridian Showground
Please see below list of Prohibited Items. Please note that any persons found in possession of the below items may have the items confiscated, and in extreme cases may be refused entry to the event.
- Large bags are not allowed to be taken into the event areas. Small bags are allowed within the dimensions of 30cm x 42cm (A3 size).
- Tents and gazebos, tables, BBQs, stoves and gas canisters
- Banners & Flags with sticks/poles
- Only non-alcoholic drinks in plastic containers with unbroken seals 500ml and baby food
where not in glass containers is permitted.
- Glass or Cans
- Illegal Substances and New Psychoactive Substances (Legal Highs)
- Animals with the exception of assistance dogs, are not permitted within any event areas.
- Dangerous or hazardous items e.g. knives, scissors, flares, fireworks, lighter fuel, aerosols,
spray cans, Air Horns, Klaxons or similar, Laser Pens
- Chinese Lanterns
- Bicycles, Skateboards and scooters within the Meridian showground.
- Any other items not included in the above list that we consider to be unsafe or pose a risk to